Did you know you can train to teach with the Cabot Learning Federation? For more information click here.
Then link the words ‘click here’ to http://www.cabotlearningfederation.net/teaching-school/itt-school-direct/
Background and Context
2011, Michael Gove the Secretary of State for Education, announced his intention to set up 100 Teaching Schools for the start of the 2011-12 Academic Year. The vision for this is built upon the view that the development of the next generation of teachers, school leaders and school improvement partnerships were more reliably placed in school settings than in areas more remote from the context and setting of this work.
The Cabot Learning Federation was successful in its application and was designated as one of the first Teaching Schools on September 1 2011. Our belief is that we should attempt to emulate the best practice of teaching hospitals where we blend high quality sector delivery with high quality training and development to create a genuine learning community for adults and students. We have built our teaching school vision around seven core strands:
- Teachers for Tomorrow Programme
- Initial Teacher Training including School Direct Placements
- Newly Qualified Teacher Development and support
- CPD and Leadership Development
- National College Leadership Curriculum under license by Cabot Learning Federation
- School to School Support & SLE
- Research and Development